21.Zhi Yueying , unusual teacher, has taught in a village school for 37 years. A. / B. a C. an D. the
22. It takes us less time to go to Beijing because the of trains has increased a lot. A. price B. speed C. space D. service 23. This is a private letterTom. Nobody else can open it. A. for B. with C. from D. about
24. In order to sell more products, we need to come up with more ideas. A. true B. common C. simple D. creative
25. To our surprise, the computer won the chess game against the human player. A. certainly B. usually C. finally D. mostly 26. Thanks for helping, Mary. I have improved my English a lot. A. me B. you C. him D. her 27. I didn’t know anyone at the party, I felt a bit lonely. A. or B. so C. and D. but
28. It sounds like a good plan, but you shouldit with your parents first. A. keep B. learn C. discuss D. choose
29. We can’t decide to go for dinner because everyone wants to order something different.
A. how B. why C. when D. where
30. The minute Nancy saw paper-cutting, she fell in love with it and as a hobby. A. picked it up B. looked it up C. took it up D. cheered it up 31.--Will Anna go to the movies with us tonight? -- She go, but I’m not sure.
A. may B. can C. must D. should
32. -- I didn’t see your father yesterday when I went to your house, -- Oh, he strawberries on the farm. A. picks B. picked
C. was picking D. has picked
33. More schools in Laiwu to provide children with better education in a few years. A. built B. are built C. were built D. will be built
34.-- My shirt needs washing. Could you please help me with that, Mary? --. Do it yourself.
A. No way. B. Not really. C. No problem D. Sounds great 35. -- Excuse me, could you tell me ? -- Sorry. A city map can help you. A. where the play will be on B. how I can get to the museum C. when the bookstore closes D. if you can lend me your bike
Every day,Vickey traveled by bus between her office and home.She noticed something special about the bus driver.Whenever the passenger (乘客)got on the bus,he would smile at them.
However ,Vickey also noticed a passenger who never smiled back at the driver.It seemed that he never had any clean clothes.He often made big noises when he coughed.Every time he got on the bus,he made the other passengers give up the seat to him in a loud voice.But the driver still smiled at the passengers.Instead,the “noisy” man seemed to never see the smile.
This got Vickey more interested.Once, she asked the driver,”Sir, may I ask you a question?Why don’t you throw that noisy man out of bus?”
The driver looked at Vickey and said”He’s my guest.” “Then take back your smile at least.Don’t be so nice to him!”
“Let me tell you about my dog,” the driver said patiently.”Each time the moon shines,my dog barksg(狗叫) at it crazily.”
Hearing this,Vickey was confused and said，”Sorry,but I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell me.”
The driver said”It keeps barking, but the moon still shines.”
36.Vickey thinks the bus drivers is special because the bus driver _________ A.drives too fast B.wears clean clothes
C.works hard every day D.smiles to every passenger
37.The “noisy” man would __________ when the bus driver smiled at him. A.greet the driver loudly B.smile back at the driver C.pay no attention to the smile D.cough and make big noises
38.To deal with the”noisy” man,Vickey advises the bus driver not to_______-- A.offer him a seat B.be kind to him C.take back the smile D.throw him out of the bus
39.The underlined (畫線的) word “confused” in the passage means_________ A.困惑的 B.混亂的 C.尷尬的 D.慚愧的
40.The story mainly wants to tell us that we should_________- A.smile every day B.be polite to others
C.be strict with ourselves D.always show our kindness to others.
Charity Walk in 2017 Sunday 18th June 2017 10:00 a.m.- Register 10:30 a.m.- Walk Begins 18th- 24th June Venue (場地): Baddesley Clinton House B93 0DQ Walk Register Fee (登記費用): Adult: $5(on the day $7) Children: $3(on the day $ 4) under 5 years old free By praying the registration fee you will be enter Baddesley Clinton House and for free(normally $ 10.45-$11.50 for and $5.15-$5.70 for children) Pets welcome on the walk but they cannot enter the house and gardens. If you are interested in taking part please call Michael at 0121-788-1143 or email center @solihullcarer.org. You can also visit our website www.solihullcarers.org to register and pay online. Register Charity No.2092613 Email: [email protected]
41. The poster is probably from .
A. A website B. a story book C. a novel D. a game show 42.The walk will begin .
A. On June 19th B. on July 24th C. at 10:00 a.m. D. at 10:30a.m.
43. If two kids above 5 years old register in advance (提前)，and their mother registers on the day, they will pay . A. $15 B. $13 C. $11 D. $7
44. After registration, a kid should pay to enter Baddesley Clinton House and grounds.
A. nothing B. $5.15 C. $ 5.70 D. $ 10.45
45.From the poster, we can learn the following EXCEPT that . A. the walk is 35km in total B. you can make a call to register
C. pets can enter the house and gardens D. the charity walk is from 18th to 24th
able to grounds adults C
How do you deal with plastic bags from the supermarket ?Throw them away or recycle them? How about eating them?
The bags are no harmful to the environment. Humans and animals can safely eat them .Indian company EnviGreen has made a bag with natural materials.It looks and feels just like plastic ,but can be broken down(分解) easily.
Ashwath Hedge who set up the EnviGreen company spent four years doing experiments(實驗) with 12 natural materials. They include potato ,corn,vegetable oil and banana.He made the materials into liquid and used the liquid to make the bag. Although the EnviGreen bag is more expensive than a common plastic bag, it has many advantages .According to the Wall street Journal, it takes 1000 years for common plastic bags to break down.But an EnviGreen bag can naturally break down in less than 180 days.It also breaks down in less than a day in water.Hedge was happy to show it in his interview, he put an Envi Green bag in water and ate it with a smile. There are more than 15000 tons of plastic waste in India every day. But only 9,000tons are processed.In China,3 billion plastic bags are used every day.Maybe EnviGreen bag could be a solution(解決辦法)to the world problem of plastic plastic pollution.
46.According to Paragraph2, we can know the following EXCEPT________
A.the EnviGreen bag can break down easily. B.the EnviGreen bag is made from natural materials. C. the EnviGreen bag can be eaten by humans and animals D.the EnviGreen bag is a little bit harmful to the environment 47.The main idea of the third paragraph is “_________” A.What Hedge thinks of the new bag B.How Hedge makes the EnviGreen bag C.Who sets up the EnviGreen bag company D.How long it takes Hedge to make the bag
48.The underlined sentence in Paragraph 4 shows that the EnviGreen bag ______ A.is safe and can break down quickly B.is useful although it is more expensive C.looks and feels like a common plastic bag D.will be used more widely than a common bag.